Thursday, January 26, 2017

Crema al Cioccolato


Proverbio Italiano of the day:
"Chi va piano, va sanno e va lontano."
Meaning: Who takes it slow, goes safely and a long way. My Nonno has been telling me this quote ever since I could remember.

I love creams and pudding for that matter. There are many Italian pastries that have delicious cream fillings, and we make our own version of pannacotta, a cooked sweet cream.

But being a complete chocoholic, I had to try this version in a recent cookbook I purchased. After I made it and had everyone try it, I realized the original recipe had too much cinnamon. It's such a strong spice, that it only needs a pinch to give it a nice taste.

This recipe is great when you don't have much lying around in the house because it only calls for a few ingredients. Whip them up and you've got yourself a homemade delicious crema. Buon Appetito!


 Ingredients 

Serves 4

2 cups cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 teaspoons flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 orange zest peel
dark chocolate pieces
Savoiardi (Italian Sponge Finger Cookies) to serve

let's make it

1. In a saucepan, mix the cocoa powder, sugar, flour, milk, butter, vanilla extract, and the cinnamon. 
2. Cook over gentle heat until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from the heat and add the citrus peel zest. 
4. stir through, then leave to set before serving, the consistency should not be too thick. 
Serve with a savoiardo cookie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment